Review of Mental and Social Health Programs
Project Type - Mental health
Department of Veterans’ Affairs (DVA) appointed Health Outcomes International (HOI) in January 2017 to review mental and social health investments, and develop a national framework for future investments in mental and social health.
The primary objective of the project was to develop a National Framework that will provide both transparency and simplify decision-making concerning DVA’s mental and social health investments through a nationally consistent framework for assessment and action.
The development of the National Framework for Assessment and Action and the review of current programs involved undertaking the following processes:
- Conducting a desktop review of existing documentation.
- Assessment of previous program reviews undertaken.
- Consultation with nominated representatives of the Mental and Social Health Branch
- Development of the national framework and underpinning principles supported by a Toolkit od resources including a Business Logic and evaluation framework template.
- Review of mental and social health programs and testing of the proposed national framework.
HOI produced a National Framework and associated templates and tools to assist the Mental and Social Health Branch select appropriate future health promotion programs.