Goulburn Valley Mental Health Bed Based Service Review
Project Type - Mental health, Service planning, Strategic planning, Workforce planning
HOI was engaged by Goulburn Valley Health to conduct a Mental Health Bed Based Service Review. The review focussed on the acute mental health and aged services currently provided by Grutzner House, Rosewood Ward and Wanyarra Unit.
The aim of this review involved an assessment of the current bed configuration and the analysis of resource utilisation and service demands for the Goulburn Valley Region. In addition, HOI conducted an assessment of innovative service model options to improve the sustainability of these facilities, having regard to the acute mental health and aged care service needs of the population in the region.
Principal methodological components included the following:
- a comprehensive environmental analysis to inform the stakeholder consultations and the development of service/bed configuration options
- extensive stakeholder consultation
- qualitative and quantitative data analysis to inform the development of service and bed configuration options for consideration by the Steering Committee.
HOI produced a comprehensive and evidence based report summarising the findings of the analysis undertaken and provided a suite of recommendations for improving the service. The report included an assessment of the following areas:
- Relationship/partnership issues
- Key Implementation Issues
- Future demand for aged and adult mental health residential care
- Current service profile
- Workforce profile
- Proposed Bed Based Service Configuration
- Business case for change