Evaluation of Gambling Help Online 2012-2015
Project Type - Mental health, Program evaluation and review
Evaluation of the Gambling Help On-line Service to include the following:
- an evaluation of the Gambling Help Online 2012-2015 Program including:
- extent to which the program is consistent with best practice in delivering online counselling services, including evidence of the effectiveness of new and emerging tools for improving online counselling
- extent to which recommendations from the 2011 evaluation of the program were considered, implemented and/or still have validity
- extent to which the program continues to provide a service that is accessible and effective in reducing barriers to access problem gambling counselling
- extent to which clients benefit from the online counselling components of this service
- recommendations if appropriate for service and program improvements/ enhancements, including recommendations for increasing service access and/or improving cost efficiency.
The project methodology included five stages:
- Development of a comprehensive Evaluation Framework and Implementation Plan.
- Rapid literature review and documentation review.
- Stakeholder engagement strategy.
- Quantitative data analysis including a review of service level and Google analytics data to assess uptake of various service elements and identify service user and usage characteristics.
- Qualitative data analysis including the analysis of de-identified data from pre and post counselling surveys and other client feedback to determine the effectiveness of the service.
The Plan was accepted by VRGF.