Independent Review of the transition and alignment between adolescent/youth and adult mental health services in Queensland
Project Type - Drug and alcohol, Indigenous health, Mental health, Primary health, Program evaluation and review, Public health
HOI was engaged to review the Alignment and Transition Arrangements between Adolescent and Adult Mental Health Services in Queensland. A comprehensive review of the national and international literature on alignment and transition arrangements between adolescent and adult mental health service systems was undertaken to identify best practice approaches with consideration to the Queensland context and to produce evidence based report for improving the transition adolescents moving into adult mental health services.
The 7 stage methodology was designed to conduct a comprehensive review to:
- Assess the alignment of the current service system in relation to adolescent and mental health services.
- Assess the transition arrangements between adolescent and adult mental health services.
- Undertake service mapping of current arrangements and any service innovations.
- Conduct a comprehensive literature on alignment and transition between adolescent and adult mental health services to identify best practice approaches.
- Analyse best practice approaches in the Queensland context.
- Make recommendations for improving alignment and transition arrangements across services in Queensland, which have applicability to other Australian Jurisdictions.
The Environmental Analysis Discussion Paper and Review Final Report with policy recommendations was publicly released in July 2017 and the government is currently considering recommendations. The final report is here: